Before the advent of 2.4GHz R/C gear, the 2.4GHz was the primary band for FPV video downlinks.
Coupled with a UHF LRS (Long Range Up-link), ranges of tens of kilometers were easily achievable.
The ‘Free Space Loss’ on 2.4GHz is much lower than it is on 5.8GHz, meaning signals go further, with the same power transmitted.
• 13 Channel support, Lawmate, Airwave, and International bands
• Exclusive high-quality NexWaveRF receiver technology
• Triple A/V output, for three viewing/recording devices
• Dual-button user-interface, and remote control from the groundstation
• Several km range with 10mW CE-legal transmitters
Sensitivity (first snow): -94dBm
Sensitivity (lost syncs): -106dBm
Power Requirements: 6v – 16v
Power Consumption: ~240mA